Monday, April 12, 2010

April 12th 2010 Running Blog

"Fitness is a stage you pass through on the way to becoming a racer." - Dr. George Sheehan

I made up my mind this weekend on what it was that I actually want to accomplish. I would like by November 25th to run a half Marathon, not because it is Thanksgiving but because its my birthday. I would like to be able to say, "Before I turned 38 I ran a Half Marathon!" I think that would be a pretty cool birthday present to me from me haha! :-)

I realize alot of things need to change. I started researching running charts to get you started on the right path to do that. I was surprised at how many days there wern't much running. That does not make sence to me but they are the professionals, right? I hope so. However, I did run today :-)

I also realize there are other fitness type things I need to do outside running, cross trainging. Haven't quite explored that area yet. I know one thing, I know I have ultra weak arms!! Maybe start there, lift weights or something? I'll do more research.

But ya, I need to get my body into shape so I can do this Marathon well. I don't want to do it and just do it. I want to do it well, the best within me. I think I can pin point when.... suddenly, snap! I loved running! I run as much as my body will let me. I just run. Now, I'm going to run with intent. And that is training to run really well for a half marathon, before I turn 38 years old :-)

Boling Park
3.0 Miles

2 comments:

  1. cool, I say go for it. Think about biking on non-running days. Becky and I, Beth, everybody would agree with that. Get a bike if it is within your means. Any cheap thing will do, and once you fall in love with it, which you will, you can invest in better ones if you wish.

    My two cents. :)

    Good luck!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx, I would love to do biking :-) I already have a mountain bike too but due to an injury, Drs. said not to. Thats why I haven't done that...but all those bikers I see out there, they look like they are having so much fun. I can imagine the rush you get with the speed, thats cool!! I could do those bikes where you sit like in a chair? Hmmm...I'll check into that.

    That is why I'm checking other things out, thought about swimming :-)

    Thank You so much!!!

    ReplyDelete