Tuesday, April 6, 2010

April 6th 2010 Running Blog

"Winning has nothing to do with racing. Most days don't have races anyway. Winning is about struggle and effort and optimism, and never, ever, ever giving up."- Amby Burfoot, The Runner's Guide to the Meaning of Life

Today I was a winner! My intent was five miles and that is what I did :-) The first three miles were very tough and painful. But I pushed through and mile number four and five there was no more pain. Thank God!

I kept telling myself today, "you are not in a race, it is ok to stop and walk it off" so I'd just walked in circles between each mile and lifted my leg. But I ran every mile.

I wonder if this has to do with Saturdays race? It was all pavement. I run on loose gravel, sand, dirt, and grass. Oh well, just push through!!

Boling Park
5 Miles Ran :-)

3 comments: