Saturday, April 3, 2010

April 3rd 2010 Running Blog

"Tears streamed down my face as I crossed the finish line. I was a new person, a runner." - Thomas King

Well...I didn't want to cross the finish line with tears coming down my face so I wiped my eyes before I crossed it (no joke) haha however, when I did cross the line my eyes suddenly started seeing spots and were real watery, my head felt much lighter haha! Jeremy came was like whoa!! Keep Walk'n! Keep Walk'n! apparently he thought I was gonna pass out. I remember it getting very blurry, thats so funny. But you know what? Water never tasted so yummy!! My time was 35:33 Yeah!! I'm very happy and proud of myself, that is the very best I've done in my whole life!!

Kailah and Meghan both won door prizes! That was really cool!! Meghan of course put all the dogs in the stroller and when she crossed the finish line all the people thought that was so fun and started cheering, it was hilarious :-) Very memorable that's for sure, so officially all three of our dogs tied for first place in their category hahaha :-D Jeremy beat his last time, so today was a really great day!!

This is all wonderful about our family but I want to say something for real. I try my best to stand at the finish line until the very last person comes in. When my daughter was that person it moved my heart that people stayed and cheered her on. Today there was a little elderly lady who did the one mile and she was the last one coming. I saw in her eyes she was putting everything into it, it wasn't just a stroll for her. I started cheer and then others. I was right there when she crossed the line and when she walked across she leaned over to me and said, "You know, a year ago I couldn't walk to my mail box!" I could tell she was so proud of herself. I was proud of her, and I didn't even know her! That kind of environment will change you....

Run for the Son
5K Ran the whole time!!!

2 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo!!!

    Great Job, glad you are so happy!!


    Enjoy it you deserve it.

    Congrats to everyone, the old lady included.

    ReplyDelete