Wednesday, June 16, 2010

June 16th 2010 Running Blog

"I run because it's my passion, and not just a sport. Every time I walk out the door, I know why I'm going where I'm going and I'm already focused on that special place where I find my peace and solitude. Running, to me, is more than just a physical exercise... it's a consistent reward for victory!" - William Arthur Ward, American author

:-) That is especially true when it comes to that "place" and for me I keep going back to Boling. I know of two other places that will make me a better runner but I'm always drawn back to that place. It is the place I most often tell other people to go run. Its my time with God, family and friends. I get so tickled when my youngest makes an effort to go out there cuz I know she's doing it for me.

Today was a good day, I didn't run yesterday and I was hoping in the back of my mind that maybe it will give my hamstring one more day of rest cuz God knows I wimped out and maybe something good will come from that (no pain in leg). Today, I ran it took almost two miles to run out the "kinks" I like to say but then I was good! No pain! However, I ran really slow cuz I ate really bad last night, REALLY bad and so I was really sluggish. I'm starting to write a food journal today cuz I'm realizing that my eating habits are affecting my running, slowing me down and since I started running seriously in Jan. I have not lost any weight BUT I have lost inches but its time for the weight to go cuz I want to be faster. Wish me luck on that one! It will be by far the hardest change of them all....

Boling Park
5 Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment