Friday, June 25, 2010

June 25th 2010 Running Blog

"The body does not want you to do this. As you run, it tells you to stop but the mind must be strong. You always go too far for your body. You must handle the pain with strategy...It is not age; it is not diet. It is the will to succeed." - Jacqueline Gareau, 1980 Boston Marathon champ

Today my body was in no condition to run. Yesterday the way I ate didn't help and sitting in a hot house all day sweating didn't help and not fully sleeping didn't help either. I was so tired I sat up in bed fix'n to stand up and get my shoes on all I know is I dosed off (sitting up). Not sure how long that was but by the time I got out on the track I was fifteen minutes late but I was moving REALLY slow to just get out of the house. I was blasting worship music on the way there to help give me energy or something? But do you know every single mile felt like the fith one! At about mile number three I didn't have any pain or any nothing for that matter. Every single time I came around I would look at that next mile and mentally say...."you have to do this, you have to." I was concerned about my body so I did an extra mile cool down (walking) This was great motivation for me to not trash my body the day before a run. I guess I can only do that Saturday, after my run!! :-p

Boling Park
6 Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment