Tuesday, June 8, 2010

June 8th 2010 Running Blog

"As the deer pants for the water brooks, So pants my soul for You, O God." Ps. 42:1

Panting for water is an understatement today. I did the second day of preparing for a 1/2 marathon and I learned something. When you do farlicks a mile sure does come around quickly! In the mean time there was this deer, she was just hang'n out watching me at times walking towards me, just starring for four miles! Every time I saw her that song about the deer panting for water came to mind. She would be very close to me like right at the edge of the track as I passed her. She sure was pretty and inspiring. I would run more quickly to get to her.

Well, according to the schedule I needed to do 20 min. warm up, 20 min. farlicks, 20 min. cool down. Well, I didn't have a stop watch (I do now) so I did 2 miles of each. I was surprised how well I did and that I had no pain. What would slow me down a bit was gasping for air but that's nothing new. Had a successful, peaceful run and the second part of the verse talks about my soul longs for You, yes mine does. While I run it becomes very intimate, one reason I long to go run :-)

Boling Park
6 Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment