Wednesday, June 2, 2010

June 2nd 2010 Running Blog

"Sometimes you should overcome the tiredness and speed up when you'd normally slow down. Great source of strength and power." - Pritikin

I've been trying that lately. Trying to speed up when I'm about to stop. I was challenged to do so and in doing it I realized I didn't pass out. I had the ability to go faster and I didn't know it. I could understand if its the beginning or sprinting towards the end about ready to cross the finish line but that point where you slow way down to just get to the finish line...its at that point I've been running. Well to the best of my ability anyway. Today I paced behind a lady. I look at peoples feet and when their feet touch the ground I make mine do exactly what they are doing. I couldn't keep up but for a little while at least I did. I was happy I did. Hopefully one day I can go at that pace the entire time!

Today I also listened to the ipod. Running makes me happy and the last two days I have been upset about how I ran. Monday was way too hard. At this point running shouldn't be that hard. Tuesday was ridiculous! This thought came to mind...pick the songs that make you happy and when you are done it doesnt' matter what happened out there you will be happy instead of disappointed. So I did. I can't say I was all that happy with my running but I did leave feeling happy. That's the way it should be.

Boling Park
5 Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment