Thursday, August 26, 2010

August 26th 2010 Running Blog

“For every minute spent in organizing, an hour is earned.” - Unknown

So here's the deal, alot of wonderful things are happening in my life all at the same time and because of who I am as a person, my mind is "scatter brained." I'm not the multitasker. When I do that, nothing is done well. However, if I'm given a task or project where the majority my attention is given....lets just say, I have impressed very (what the world would define) "Successful" people. Hahaha....I have amazing stories :-) If you only knew...

Anyways, I home school my daughters. I am blessed because I get to do so. I am not used to as much activity that all goes with that up until this year.

For example, we prayed (my friends and family) for both of my daughters to play in their sports. Meghan had to make the team (over 20 girls didn't, she was the last person on the list-total God thing) and Kailah had an injury that we just needed God to take care of, what the Dr. said would a couple months (wrote a letter to sit out the season) God did in a few weeks! So, in both situations He gave us the desire of our hearts. In addition to being on a team comes, practices, games and the team events. I love it, it makes me happy. Literally every single day is packed with one or the other.

Well, in addition, the girls joined Ballroom Dancing and they have three formals a year, there is more than it seems when it comes that like volunteering etc.

And as of yesterday, Kailah is going to volunteer once a week at some horse stables to put on her college apps. If you begin to just add up the travel time with all this, huge chunks come out of our day just in travel. So basically when all that is going on, having a regular school schedule is not going on.

This is why its important to get my runs in before the day begins. After yesterdays run, I came home totally unraveled, had to take a moment and think. I decided not to run for today. I had this awful feeling like I was forgetting something and I need to figure out what that was. I had to shut off everything around me, stare at my two calenders that I live by and pray.

Have you ever woken up in the morning, like you are startled and suddenly realize (sitting up in bed) what you forgot? That is how I woke up this morning. I had forgot to get Meghan scheduled for a ride to be at a meet and hour and a half away! Fortunately, it was not early in the morning like xcountry so after I calmed down a bit I made a call and its taken care of. Extremely last minute, but at least its taken care of...whew... But thats not ok. with me.

Oh and lets also not forget I am a "home-maker" and lets just say my home needs some tlc :-/

I'm taking all of today and getting organized because I do not like coming home to a messy house, being unraveled, thinking I'm forgetting something in the back of my head, being scatterbrained and waking up startled.

Today is going to be a productive day!!!

Not Running

No comments:

Post a Comment