Friday, August 6, 2010

August 6th 2010 Running Blog

"Why Do You Run?
Because you're wondering if your grandchildren will too. Because its raining. Because you can, and others can't. Because its faster than walking. Because that shaky-leg-thing is all about nervous energy. Because you can't fly. Because you can fly. Because your personal best is just that, yours. Because the pain of a blister is nothing compared to the pain of stopping. Because you like the resistance the wind gives you. Because you like the resistance you give the wind. Just Because." - NYC Marathon Ad

This pushed me to try again :-) When I get discouraged about not being able to run or not running the way I want... I read quotes. Obviously I read them everyday! But especially on those "I'm a bad runner" days.

I was happy to run today, I set out my best running clothes, got up an around then left. On my way to Boling I had a STRONG urge to go to the gas station and get a cappuccino. I've never done that,  and I was like, "NO! I'd be spending my time at the port-a-potty and I will not do that!" But it was insistent so I went. When I came back out a man pointed out my tire was flat...nice. Well, in dealing with that and all that entails, time was passing and it got hot, with the sun beating down on my back, I was very irritated and went home. I started asking God in aggravation, "I hate this, why?" He actually gave me peace about it. I was reminded of how many times I go to the gas station (never) because I don't want to be late to Boling and on the way home I'm too tired. Then I started thinking what if on the highway this happened? Ok. God obviously knew what He was doing. I was bummed but not upset about it.

So, I come home and start ready quotes....I read them for over an hour....I ran across this one and it really moved me. I asked God could you make it rain or cloudy cuz I want to go but I wont if the sun is beating down. The only fruit of my running like that is being drained and getting a headache. So, then I thought hmmm...if I fix Meghan some coffee maybe she'll be alert and come with me (conniving.) It worked :-)

We got there and it was cloudy ~ Thank You Lord ~ It was a stinky run but it was a neat run :-) There were people there setting up for a Rodeo so there were horses, cows, calf's and all kinds of neat stuff to look at. And I don't know if it was butterfly season but in the back they were flying all around us. Meghan was able to do two miles with me, she was very happy :-D But she really wanted to leave after that so I only got in three. Because of the event of the day and knowing my daughter pushed herself, I walked away with peace. Not happy but not bummed out.

Boling Park
3 Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment