Sunday, January 24, 2010

January 24th 2010 Running Blog

"Treadmill (n.), a primitive torture device first imagined by medieval jailers and perfected in the late 20th century, designed to destroy one's mind through sensory deprivation and monotony." The Runner's Rule Book


Oh geez...if there were any question before, let me clarify...I do not like running on treadmills!! I ran on a treadmill today only because we have car issues and due to the weather it was treadmill or nothing. So, I went to the gym. The gym has many good things to offer, however, the treadmill concerning me is just a big waste of time. They have a 5k loop on it and as I began it was like, "thunk, thunk, thunk" I sounded like an elephant stomping and for some reason the arches on my feet started burning. I didn't finish the 5k mostly because I didn't want what was happening to my feet to affect me in a negative way when I really run. I would call today an experiment, conclusion ~ don't do that again!
Wow. I just do not see how people can run on a treadmill...like, why? You have a whole world to enjoy while running...why a treadmill? With a tv in front of me, very clean enviorment, time, calorie counts, mileage, heart rates all in front of me keeping me educated; I found I was very annoyed! The bars on the sides to help me hold on was in the way. I'm just meant to run outside. I won't cut down the treadmill anymore...no need to release negativity, plus I'm sure there is perfectly good use for treadmills, just not for me.
 
Now I must go ice my arches...gggrrrrrr!

No comments:

Post a Comment