Saturday, January 9, 2010

January 9th 2010 Running Blog

"Your body will argue that there is no justifiable reason to continue, your only recourse is to call on your spirit which fortunately functions independently of logic" - Tim Nokes

To be perfectly honest I went to Boling today and as I stepped out of the car I thought, "um, no. I'll give this thing a mile and if its still like this I'm going home!" I got on the track and pleaded with myself, "You don't want to quit! Run as fast as you can so you'll burn up and stay warm, then enjoy your run!" Thankfully I did the latter of the two and ran three miles straight no stopping!! I was really running on snow and ice patches and totally loving it!
Making footprints in the snow made my effort visibly rewarding!! Looking at the fact that it was fresh snow and not too many people's foot prinnts were on the snow made me feel like I'm paving a way. And seeing the foot prints that were there made me remember all those who went before me, encouraging me to come along.
What a wonderful day :-)

Boling Park
3 miles, ran the entire time!

No comments:

Post a Comment