Thursday, January 7, 2010

Janurary 7th 2010 Running Blog

"Poppies...Poppies. Poppies will put them to sleep. Sleep. Now they'll sleep!" - Wicked Witch of the West

Today was quite unique but very victorious! I'm going to be a bit "real" today. At 7am is when I prefer to run, Kailah and I both (my daughter). Well, Kailah woke up having seizure activity, twitching. Jeremy got her into bed with me and we started praying. Taking authority over what was going on in her body in the name of Jesus. It left. However, after that sort of thing happens you sleep, you sleep for hours on end. That is what happened to me the day before but without going into a full blown seizure. I kept feeling like I was going to have a siezure but I'd rebuke it in Jesus name and then go to sleep!

Well, Kailah and I both are asleep at one in the afternoon today (not abnormal) but it was as if someone woke me up and said, "Do you want to run in the snow?" I thought, (rolling over) "Its not going to snow till tonight." I heard, "Running in the snow would be fun, its not something you've ever done before." So, I turned over got out of bed to see if it was snowing. It wasn't. But I thought hm, wonder what time it would snow, because that would be fun. The forcast said at 5pm. Well, thats too late, it would be too dark. But I looked over my shoulder and I see, ITS SNOWING!! I ran and got the girls up and said, "Hey! you wanna do something you never did before??" Lets go run 4 miles in the snow!! They leaped out of bed, we bundled up and ran in Taylor's Farm while it was snowing!!

The entire time I was running I kept thinking about the "Wizard of Oz" how Dorothy and her friends are on thier way, and they fall asleep before they reach their destination. But the sleep was a curse, interestingly enough the snow broke the curse... they all jumped up and ran through the snow to Emerald City.

It was sort of an "epiphany" moment ~ that kind of sleep is part of a curse. Regardless if that is true or not, thinking about that while I was running caused me to run over half of Taylors Farm which (have I not mentioned is the Hardest place for me to run?!?) Also there are 3 huge long hills, I ran all the way up 2 of them! That is what I mean by Victorious!! By the time I was done running cuz this thought process made me run harder, my gloves, scarf and sweat shirt were OFF!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment