Monday, January 25, 2010

January 25th 2010 Running Blog

"Every athlete has doubts. Elite runners in particular are insecure people. You need someone to affirm that what you are doing is right." - Lynn Jennings

That is totally what today was all about for me! I have a great support team, I'm blessed that way. I have friends and family who are willing to go the extra mile to make sure I get to run and encourage me to do so. But today was different. Today I needed it more than other days. My friend Lauren picked me up to run. She didn't even run, she just made sure I was able to run at Boling because it is the place I feel most confident in.
While I was running a complete stranger was running as well, and she would just say, "Good Job!" And I kept thinking, I'm doing something right for my body. I'm being good to myself. I'm doing the right thing in many different aspects and that "good job" was deeper than just running and not stopping :-) That all being said, I was able to run as long as I wanted. Therefore, I ran 4 miles under an hour!! I think because of all the encouragement and support I was able to achieve another first! I love First's!!

Boling Park
4.0 Miles Ran Entire Time, under an hour

No comments:

Post a Comment