Saturday, March 20, 2010

March 20th 2010 Running Blog

""Toni, if you can get through the winter it will be easy for you, Its harder to breathe in the winter. I see you running all over the place when spring comes!" - Janet Jordan

Yeah! Spring is here! Today is the first day of Spring, I beat the winter and learned to love it! Today I went running on the Thomson Trails. Which by the way are very hilly and I ran 2.5 miles!! At one point I stoped to breathe and the other point at the end I stoped, screamed and ran backwards the other way back down the trail!

Why...??? Because there was a Garter Snake enjoying the trail as well!! Seriously, I was scared. I don't do snakes. I ran the rest of the way with Jeremy.

I looked it up online thats how I found out it was a Garter Snake. They aren't dangerous and they like being in the woods near a stream which was where we were at. I could remember it because of the bright orange stripe down its back. Do you know when I ran he ran too but he didn't slither off in a straight line. He was fast but he ran like his whole body was going in "S" shape form as he surried off the trail.

Defliantly a memerable first day of Spring! I'm getting better!! Sorta didn't "feel" like running after seeing that snake, I guess if I'm going to be a trail runner I better get over it, huh?

Thomson Park
2.5 Miles Ran

No comments:

Post a Comment