Monday, March 29, 2010

March 29th 2010 Running Blog

"Most people never run far enough on their first wind to find out they've got a second." - William James

I'm learning to find my second wind. This week I'm going to gain control over my breathing. Currently, my breathing is along the lines of panting. But today I've started breathing "left, right, left, right" Breathe out starting on your left foot and then on the next set of left and rights breathe in. Took it real slow and focused on that. It may sound so easy, for me it is a challenge waiting to be overcome! I don't want my breathing to slow me down and in all honesty...it is.

There is a race comming up this Saturday. I'm really excited about it. I've not really gotton to put all my energies into a race. Up till now its been more a supporting roll for my family. Well, they are good and supported :-) Now, I want to race. I want to not stop and be well under 48 min. I say that because on my first 5k I was almost 50 min. and I walked and jogged. That was five months ago. It will be interesting to see what happens Saturday. So, I'm taking this week to focus on breathing and getting ready for this race :-)

Boling Park
3 Miles Ran

2 comments: