Wednesday, March 3, 2010

March 3rd 2010 Running Blog

"The footing was really atrocious. I loved it. I really like Cross Country; you're one with the mud."  -Lynn Jennings

Well, I'm running in my new "Trail Shoes" ha! I just like the way that sounds :-) There is a huge difference! In my other shoes my feet always stayed warm and dry. While it was "slushing" my feet were soaked and numb because they were frozen! There was mud and ice all over the place! Need to clean my car after that run! But over all I give the shoes an A because there is no pain. They are called Brooks Shoes. Breaking in shoes isn't so bad, I heard someone say, "oh, ouch that gonna hurt but don't worry it goes away after your shoes gett adjusted." Man, when people say things like that I just quietly ask God, "if thats true, can You please make it not true for me." Fortunatly breaking in shoes wasn't painful.

I ran at Boling today and it was strangely odd. I felt like I was doing leg lifts? I would run a mile and have to stop and breathe my thighs felt like I was doing quad reps or something? So, between each mile I stopped for a moment to rest my legs?? I've decided to take Thursday off and we'll pick this up again on Friday. I'm just so happy I can run with no pain :-) Yeah!!

Boling Park
3.0 miles Ran

No comments:

Post a Comment