Saturday, March 6, 2010

March 6th 2010 Running Blog

"I have met my hero, and he is me." - George Sheehan

I inspired myself!! This may not seem like much but you had to be in my shoes today to understand how huge today was for me. I did 4.5 miles and only ran 1.25 straight BUT it was twists turns up and down hills it was so exciting! My body was totally fine and I really believed I could run the whole thing, I know I can! But I had to physically stop. Like stop in my tracks and lift me feet off the ground. It was like my toes and the balls of my feet were freaking out in pain, it was a stinging hot feeling going back and forth between numbing and throbbing. So, my thought was hmm...I don't want to cause unnecessary damage. But I was so happy! For the first time I saw how much I progressed! All the trails were clearly marked and I looked up to see, wow! I just ran a mile and it seemed like nothing! Had been running up and down hills and what I realized were my feet just weren't accustomed to running down hill...they'll get over it! I know running this will help make me a better runner! I was so pleased with myself ~ today was a good day!
 
Leita Thomson Park
4.5 Miles ran/walked - ran 1.25m.

No comments:

Post a Comment