Sunday, September 26, 2010

September 26th 2010 Running Blog

"The most important day in any running program is rest. Rest days give your muscles time to recover so you can run again. Your muscles build in strength as you rest." - Hal Higdon

I think I'm just going to have to write that quote on my mirror in lipstick or something? Rest days are hard for me. Its hard because its not always about my personal record and I think I have made that very clear ;-)

But I set a goal. I set it for a few different reasons and I've been real wishy washy about it but today I committed! I bought my ticket to the 1/2 Marathon in Oak Ridge Tennessee!!! So, I have been looking at training schedules for running that and there are like 3 days in one week of rest/xtraining on purpose. I think I go through that a little bit anyways but most the time its not by choice. However, I can see why you have to do that. And so until Nov. 21st 2010 I'm changing my mindset a little bit so I can focus on doing well for the race. I'm going out there with the intent of doing what the schedule says. I do have to tweak it a little cuz my race happens to be on a Sunday. They have it where I'm like running 10 and 8 minute miles for 3-5 miles at a time and um....I can't do that....yet! Anyways, I'm using Runners World Magazine's 1/2 Marathon Schedule, "Two Hours or Bust" not because I plan to do it in two hours but because it looks like a good foundation for me to work off of.

http://www.secretcityhalfmarathon.com/

So, today I rested, but part of that was because I didn't know what exactly to do as far as Mon- Sun. and I got distracted because Jeremy and I didn't get to go swim when we wanted to AND I'm still irritated that I didn't get to do 13.1 miles on Friday so I figured know what? I'll rest today, do that tomorrow and I'll write in concrete after tomorrow what I have planned for the next 9 weeks!! Jesus is King!

Day of Rest

No comments:

Post a Comment