Thursday, September 30, 2010

September 30th 2010 Running Blog

"Pacing is a skill. Some people just don't have that internal clock. I've been running for 14 years, and through practice it's second nature to me. You're doing constant repeats. You've just got to feel it." - Adam Perkins, pacer for Bernard Lagat when he set the U.S. indoor 5000-meter record of 13:11:50 in February

Pacing is a skill I don't have it down yet but when I run with other people I'm a pretty good runner :-) Today I was supposed to do 5 miles. A warm up, cool down and 3 ten min. miles. Now, I can't do that so for the 3 miles I just ran as fast as I could. However, it was like run jog run jog run jog and I didn't feel it was accomplishing anything. So, I saw a girl who I've seen out there before but never talked to her and as she was finishing tying her shoe I asked if I could run with her. She was happy to do so, she runs faster than me and I told her at any point please feel free to run on with out me but I ended up staying with her. That made me feel so good :-) I got to do 3 miles fast (well, fast for me) and so I'm happy with today's training :-) But I have noticed that pacing really, truly helps me.

Boling Park
5 Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment