Sunday, October 10, 2010

October 10th 2010 Running Blog

“Never measure the height of a mountain until you have reached the top. Then you will see how low it was.” - Dag Hammarskjold

I hiked up Kennesaw Mountain today, nothing to cheer over per say because I was SUPPOSED TO RUN 8 MILES!! But it didn't happen. Even so, about this time last year I couldn't walk that mountain and it was the longest mile I ever walked. I had to just stop and sit and it took forever!! This time though it didn't seem like nothing! I was carrying my dog at times, I was just just thinking we have soooo looong to go but then suddenly we were at the top! I'm telling you, this seemed like a mile that was miss marked because it wasn't that long at all. I was telling Jeremy how amazed I was that it seemed like nothing to get to the top. In my mind I was expecting to take forever and be out of breath and have to stop and in pain but it wasn't like that at all, it was a nice easy walk with friends and family. I could totally call this a xtraining day. I took it very slow because I had my dogs and I was with friends but I walked up to the top and back. And even though I took it slow it was fast, if that makes sense? It was a lovely walk but by the time I got home I was spent. Its a very steep walk so thats why periodically I had to carry my little Daisy because she's a little old lady and sometimes had to stop, I was taught to "respect your elders" haha anyways, it was a little challenging when I had to carry her.




However there were a number of reasons why I didn't do 8 miles and non of which are acceptable to me. Which I think the main part had to do with not getting fully rested from being sick before I started running again. I also was very stressed out last week for many, many, many reasons and totally over booked my days and so Jeremy had to step in because I totally crashed last night! Without going into a bunch of detailed drama it boils down to - Toni didn't take care of Toni -

I did have fun today! I made friends with strangers ;-) and we walked together I got to know a little about them and that is always nice. If its not clear by now, I am a people person :-) Meghan and our friend were walking and there was a pretty large snake that went passed them she screamed and a man came and picked it up! The snake bit him! He still carried it to let it loose in the woods! Lord have mercy, some people don't have any sense! Then there are people like me who turn around and take pictures of it haha anyways.... it was a wacky situation that's for sure!!
                         
                                                           That isn't a baby snake!!






Notice the Blood on his hand!!

I know I'm supposed to be training for the marathon but I'm getting this strong urge to back off for a day. I have had a headache off and on all day everyday since last Monday. We'll see how this sleep goes but waking up to a splitting headache...sucks! So thats pretty much the in's and out's for the day and I'm ready to sleep.

Kennasaw Mountain
2 Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment