Friday, October 15, 2010

October 15th 2010 Running Blog

"Mental will is a muscle that needs exercise, just like muscles of the body." - Lynn Jennings, Nine-time champion of the USA Cross Country Championships

Yeah! :-D Yeah!! :-D Yeah!!! :-D

Nothing like achieving a personal goal!! Today I ran my neighborhood without stopping!! Its a total of four miles but until today I have NEVER been able to do it without walking and today....I DID!!



But here is the deal, there were two times I was within seconds of walking! It is just so hard! Anyways, at that moment I was fix'n to stop and something said, "Why? Give me a good reason and then you can stop, because you can still breathe, your legs hurt but they've hurt worse before and you've had less energy before, why? So...this quote came to my mind. My mental will needed to exercise....so, I shifted gears a little tried to just move forward and mentally focus on not walking. So, it happened a second time but then I started thinking that this is about working out my mind. There were just parts of it where I was like coaching myself in my mind.



Now, I'm in training to run a marathon right? Well, I'm gonna count this as interval day. These hills are no joke and I know hills help you increase your speed so, I'm switching it out. I normally would have not done this because I would have gone to Boling and worked on them, but like Micheal Johnson said, ""Pressure is nothing more than the shadow of great opportunity." So, this was my opportunity!! I didn't have a car, I couldn't drive to Boling so instead I ran here, in doing so I got my goal! I can now check that one off my list!!



I RAN MY NEIGHBORHOOD WITHOUT STOPPING!! - CHECK

Taylors Farm
4 Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment