Sunday, October 24, 2010

October 24th 2010 Running Blog

"There is no daily chore so trivial that it cannot be made important by skipping it two days running." - Robert Brault

Try skipping almost a week of running! Anyways, I'm looking forward to tomorrow for its structure. Which begins by organizing tonight so tomorrow isn't so crazy overwhelming!!! That being said, I think this is the last day where my body will crash like it has been doing!! I think today's "day of rest" which was actually a CRASH is coming to an end. I finally feel rejuvenated!!

Anyways, its dark in the morning. I love running in the mornings the most but do not look forward to being in the dark. I've gotten so spoiled!! Last year, I was out there before Janet even, running in the dark with lights on the park at 7am, trying to get in 1-2 miles before my husband went to work. I had to do that so I could be back for him to take the car. It took me about 45 minutes to do three miles and thats when I was book'n it! haha I remember working up to 3 miles, it was like this huge trophy. I came home and remember this clear as day, I ran upstairs to my bedroom and Jeremy had just gotten up from bed and I said, guess! guess! what I did today?? I had one hand on my hip and with the other hand showed him 3 fingers!! I did 3! I was so excited, so wet and stripped and jumped in the shower. I held onto that day for days.....even now, it makes me want to go run! When I did that three miles, I felt like I was flying for days! There is something about doing three miles for me that is liberating!

Day of Rest (forced)

No comments:

Post a Comment