Sunday, November 14, 2010

November 14th 2010 Running Blog

"A race is a work of art that people can look at and be affected in as many ways as they’re capable of understanding." - Steve Prefontaine

I realized today that every single day since I started this blog January 1, 2010 I have read at least, no less than a dozen running quotes a day. Even on my sick days I lived off them. They are exercise to my "inner runner." I have clung to them as I've ran, they inspire me and push me when I run. They encourage me when I don't think I can move one more step and sometimes I just can't. But to hear and learn from these runners and their races affects me on many different levels. The other thing that I would say is a real PUSH out the door is watching these races and seeing their stories on YOUTUBE.

If running has ever crossed your mind and after running one week quit....do this, look beyond yourself and into the lives of other runners who have overcome and fulfilled their dreams read quotes, youtube, magazines (Runners World) etc. These things are great tools in your journey of a runner. My goal the very first was to be faithful, I was so worried about quitting and it took a very very very long time I would say May? That I believed I would not quit. But I must say, these quotes and watching the races would get me from day to day at times. But my favorite races ever were the xcountry races Kailah ran. I would cheer for everyone and every single foot that crossed that line was like a breakthrough in someones life and it felt good to just be apart of someones victory! Not everyone can be first but crossing the line makes you a winner.

Day of Rest

No comments:

Post a Comment