Saturday, November 6, 2010

November 6th 2010 Running Blog

"A lot of people don’t realize that about 98 percent of the running I put in is anything but glamorous: 2 percent joyful participation, 98 percent dedication! It’s a tough formula. Getting out in the forest in the biting cold and the flattening heat, and putting in kilometer after kilometer." - Rob de Castella

Today was so hard to the point of CRYING!! It was about running. I was gonna run this evening but when I woke up I did NOT want to do it!! Like, the thought of running at Boling, in the gravel, I don't know?? I was just not going to do it. So, I got on you tube to watch motivational running stories....didn't work. Then I watched the xcountry dvd they made for Crown Athletics- that made me cry and then I just sat there dumbfounded, like why don't I want to run? So, I got on the computer to listen to that song "I'm am Free to run" by Newsboys and just felt discouraged. So, I thought well, last resort, Kailah's ipod. In the past when I don't feel well or am having a hard time I'll listen to it while I'm running just a couple songs over and over. Well, today I listened to the entire play list more than once and it was a mixture of Opera, Old School (80's) Pop, Rock, Rap and Pop Country. It was all a mix of slow fast just all jumbled in there, Christian and Non Christian. It was crazy but I think that is what my head needed to get out of its crazy thought mentality. Complete distraction. I thought, hhmmm...should I do this the day of the race?? Because, I ran 8 miles in my neighborhood without stopping!! The hills were crazy and my ankle bones, shins, knees are feel'n it now but thats how that happened. I still can't believe I did that. Jeremy came to find me and cuz it was getting dark and video taped it! I'm glad he did! This was the day that if there were any dedication in me...it showed. This day needs to be remembered. I don't know as what? But I think this is the hardest time I've ever had getting out the door!!!! I don't feel like I over came anything, it was more like mega distraction....whatever works!!

Taylors Farm
8 Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment