Thursday, November 4, 2010

November 4th 2010 Running Blog

"The woods are lovely dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep." - Robert Frost

:-) It was 7am. when I got out to Boling and it was really dark. I also promised 2 young ladies and told a friend I'd be out there....I would have totally procrastinated if I didn't. It was speed day, bet me I don't finish this and go to bed!

I did a warm up with Meghan and the side which has lights I raced for a 1/4 mile then walked/jogged back. I did that for about 2 miles then did a 2 mile cool down. Both the girls were with me. Meghan has never been out there so early it was dark. She kept saying I hate this, this is too creepy, ugh, this is too creepy! I'm still praying she'll join xcountry :-/ Anyways, all in all it was good but I was rather disappointed in my speed and I could not jog back mostly. Then I thing the Lord encouraged me and said, "you know, last year Nov. 4th you couldn't even run at all, its ok, you're doing good." So, I just kept moving.

Boling Park
5 Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment