Sunday, February 21, 2010

February 21st 2010 Running Blog

"Experience has taught me how important it is to just keep going, focusing on running fast and relaxed. Eventually pain passes and the flow returns. It's part of racing." - Frank Shorter

The only way I could describe today is, weird. I only did one mile and it was aweful, I walked parts of it! Its a little humbling to go somewhere knowing you can easily pop out three miles only to produce one that really wasn't even one! I took an assesment of today and there were some new things but frankly I do not give a flip, I expect much better of myself than that! I'm annoyed.

We went to a new park. It was a family dog, sport, kids zone, running park. Very full of all kinds of people, and their dogs. When we ran it was on concrete...I am not a road runner, I'm a cross country runner. If that was ever questionable...the answer is now confimed!

I really enjoyed all the family activity and animal interacation but that is a place of recreation not running, UNLESS you like running on concrete. At Boling Park dogs are not allowd...it was evident today why that is. As we ran we had to run or skip around dog mess, fortunatly I didn't run into any of it.

I was honestly ok with everything, taking into perspective the enviorment that I was in and how it shouldn't be a distraction from my running but what wasn't ok was my knee started hurting. It wasn't like sharp pain, but like a headache in my knee. That is when I stopped. It got worse as the night went on so now as I'm typing I'm also icing my knee, fun times.

On the lighter side, I will take my family (my whole family-dogs) and enjoy the out doors just hang'n out there and having fun :-) That would be so much better than watching T.V. haha!

Swift-Cantrell Park
1 Mile walk/run :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment