Thursday, July 22, 2010

July 22nd 2010 Running Blog

"The answer to the big questions in running is the same as the answer to the big questions in life: Do the best with what you've got." - George Sheehan

Today is get ready for the race day. I'm doing a 5K this Saturday called the "Etowah River Run" I'm so happy about this race because it runs through....(drum roll please)...Boling Park!! Yeah! Anyways, I found out how the race ends so I ran in a way where I finished the way they are setting up the finish line :-) I'm also doing a Palates Class, Just getting toned up a bit to run well. I heard it was a fairly easy race, so that is good for me.

However, what is not good was Kailah was going to run it too. Last year she ran it, it was her first race she ever did. Her time was aprox. 45 minutes. She had never run a race before or practiced for that mannor, she was extremely out of shape. So, she was looking forward to seeing her improvement after a year of training. We were gonna run together since she was one of the main reasons I was inspired to run. It's sorta been "our thing." I actually didn't feel like running it at all after the news of sitting a season out but she has encouraged me to do it. So I am. Tomorrow I will rest so I'm not worried that I'm pushing myself today.

Boling Park
5K
Palates Class
1 Hour

No comments:

Post a Comment