Thursday, July 15, 2010

July 15th 2010 Running Blog

"Part of the challenge of the marathon is pushing past what you think is physically possible. You can do more than you think you can." - Christine Hinton, a Maryland running coach

This is hilarious! Someone totally said that to me today. Today was my xtraining day and I thought I'll do weights then a power pump class (they know what they are doing) I did a warm up mile then went onto weights. So while I was trying to use the weight machine I was doing it wrong, but not enough to cause injury.

Then the fitness lady who works there helped me and I told her about everything and so she transitioned into a coach type mode but was very laid back. She pulled out the recent Runners Word Magazine (I already read it) but she started telling me the best core exercises I could do and a lady she trains with who competes in 1/2 marathons all the time. This lady has really good running times is gonna work out with her tomorrow just on core. She's preparing for a 1/2 and she said I was more than welcome to do a session with them so I could see the correct way to strengthen it and be more prepared. She said, that I can accomplish now my goal and "you can do more than you think you can!" I was so encouraged by that. Its nice to have hands on training :-) I guess I do better that way ;-)

But there was a guy they had come talk to me that trains for all that too and he said he knew Oak Ridge and he said there are ALOT of hills and that is what I need to mainly focus on. I shared with him everything that I've been doing and he said I was doing good but to use my neighborhood as hill training day. I told him how torturing it is!!

Oh by the way, I haven't sent in my $$ yet but I'm gonna do a 1/2 Marathon in Oak Ridge Tennessee! I have personal reasons as to where and why that particular Marathon which I will share at a later time.

1 Mile Treadmill
1.5 Hours Core

No comments:

Post a Comment