Monday, July 5, 2010

July 5th 2010 Running Blog

"Amazing grace! How sweet the sound. That saved a wretch like me! I once was lost, but now am found, Was blind, but now I see. Through many dangers, toils, and snares, I have already come: Tis grace has brought me safe thus far, And grace will lead me home." - John Newton, "Amazing Grace"

ok so maybe it wasn't as bad as all that but it came pretty dang close! So here's what happened. Nobody wanted to run the trails with me today but Jeremy said I could go he was at Boling but just didn't want to go in the back woods. So, I was totally confident and went back there and loved it, ran the whole time. I knew eventually I would run to a little white church. I even fell on my face, grass in my mouth and kept going! I got to a gate type clearing and saw a grave yard but I didn't see a church and there was a large sign that said NO TRESPASSING So I figured the church would be just a little bit ahead and I kept running but the hills got REALLY steep I had to walk at that point but then there were parts of the trail I didn't feel were clearly marked so after a few of those I started getting nervous. Then I ran into a couple spider webs so I stopped to get a stick and knocked a really large one down. The trail area kept getting darker and darker then I started feeling creepy (probably cuz the spiders) So, I'm running with a stick in front of me and now its not fun. I'm thinking this should never be like this for me so I turned around. At that point I was frustrated to tears cuz I just knew that dang church was just around the corner and once again I can't get to it!! I made my way back and decided to look at the grave yard closer and I ran a little and then saw the church. I was not happy but, I wasn't going back into the woods. So I started running up that road. It seemed to take Forever! I started praying for safety, I didn't feel safe.

I came upon some houses and at the third house I went to ask for directions but just then the Marshell drove by and I like totally ran to it waving it down, I didn't realize it was the police but man! I was soooo happy. I told her my dilemma and she was so helpful and instantly the "unsafe feeling" I had was gone, I told her I was upset and started praying to Jesus to send something to make me feel safe (I thought He would reassure me by telling me I had angles with me or something) Thank you God for the cops. Oh by the way, I did have my cell and called Jeremy but I just didn't know where I was at so it wan't the most helpful. Because I had it, I thought I'll be fine. Anyways, do you know what the police lady said?!? She said, this isn't her area and she never goes there. She said she had a "feeling" to go there so she did but didn't see anything so she left but then she had a strong feeling to go again and then I came running out. She said I looked like I just got beat up...she said in side, "oh lord another domestic dispute" I told her what I prayed she laughed and said the Lord works in mysterious ways. She helped me get bugs out of my hair....she said, get in and drove me to Walgreen's Jeremy picked me up. He was laughing everyone was. He told the cop, "its ok, no matter what she does in the car, walking, running she gets lost, its just the way it is." I just smiled, embarrassed.

Well, when it was all said and done Jeremy said I was out there for about an hour. I'm gonna guess (cuz I got lost)

4 Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment