Saturday, July 3, 2010

July 3rd 2010 Running Blog

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Did something new today, challenged what lies within me so to speak. I love where I'm at (wish I was better at it) and love the course its taking. But I'm exploring a new ground, not commiting to it but peeking at what may be.

I ran with Jeff Galloway's Marathon Training Club today as a guest. It was their easy day, four miles. This was run and stop and run and stop like the "stop" was waking. It was intervals. Anyways, everyone was so laid back and kind really informative and I felt comfortable there. I was able to keep up but keep in mind it was a VERY slow day for them. They all are sucessful runners and just being around them listening to their stories I realized...I can do this if I want to....it would change ALOT of things. For example ~ You can't run everyday! What in the World! Only 3x a week!! Are you kidding me??

Geez...running is not about racing to me although I enjoy 5Ks its my time. Its time I spend with the Lord and friends and family who come out, its about, I guess you could wrap it up in relationships in heaven and earth :-) However, I can't deny the fact that I'm interested in a Marathon. We shall see ;-)

Atlanta
4 Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment