Wednesday, July 28, 2010

July 28th 2010 Running Blog

"Jesus is my running Coach" - Kailah McAlister

Kailah has been, over all looking on the bright side of things and xtraining doing her therapy/exercises. But she posted that quote and it made me smile and thought, you know what? Jesus is my running coach too!

Today I just took my time. No family was there and I was just gonna put in some miles hoping six but wasn't gonna stress if I didn't. While I was running, for some reason my legs were having a difficult time. It was however and reminder to me to practice running with correct form. So, I practiced. After mile four I stopped and stretched my thighs, rested a moment took a swig of water and went on to do another mile. Well, I was just real tired after that so I rested again then started running one more time. But the last mile was a flop in my opinion.

But what was neat was I would be reminded in the back of my mind (because my mind wonders) "Lets work on your posture, don't forget to breathe, keep your shoulders straight, tighten your diaphragm" just real gently and quiet periodically through the course. So, I am in agreement with Kailah, "Jesus is my running Coach!"

Boling Park
6 Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment