Thursday, July 1, 2010

July 1st 2010 Running Blog

"Winning is not about headlines and hardware [medals]. It's only about attitude. A winner is a person who goes out today and every day and attempts to be the best runner and best person they can be? Winning is about struggle and effort and optimism, and never, ever, ever giving up." - Amby Burfoot, Runner's World Editor At Large

What a delicate day. I haven't even run yet. I woke up with back pain. The kind you can't stand up straight and you sorta limp your way to the bathroom. I was supposed to go running this morning so I had to cut that out. Kept thinking about what could have caused this? As I began to process it a whole bunch of other things came into my mind. Sorta like reminders. Reminders of what I overcame thus far and why, and what affect it had on me as a person. It became so emotional. Kind of like soul searching. So, I haven't even run today but I'm reminded weather I do or don't, I am someone who overcomes!

We shall see.....if nothing else maybe a walk ;-) Thank you Jesus for Ibupofen!

No comments:

Post a Comment