Tuesday, July 27, 2010

July 27th 2010 Running Blog

"Don't be concerned with what you can't do. Work on what you can do - then count your blessings." - Alan Robinson, 56-year-old partially paralyzed marathon runner

Today is an encouraging day :-) There is a runner who I admire as a runner. I've never said anything other than "morning" to him as he swiftly runs past me. Anyways, I made a comment as he was finishing and I was passing that he looked like a wet towel. Then he said, "That's nothing compared to Saturdays race." He ran the same one I did. But he said something that Really encouraged me. He said that he gained more time than his personal goal. I was shocked and FINALLY I felt a true relief on my time. I told him about my heart and he said it was a adrenaline. I was just really happy that I wasn't the only one, I knew other people were slower, but I also didn't know how much they typically do. But, he's a really good runner! He said, "He didn't know what it was about that race but it was harder." So, I don't feel bad. I have been trying to remain positive but in the back of my mind I keep replaying it, which is not good. So, I can honestly say to myself...You did it to the best of your ability and did really good...and now its true.

Also, today for the first time at Boling which is a more challenging surface than a track Meghan ran a mile without stopping (We ran it together.) I asked her and when I saw the smile of achievement...we high fived and I said, "I cried when I did my first mile and then Janet hugged me."  We both laughed and it has just started out to be an overcoming day. A day where you can believe in yourself!!

Boling Park
5 Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment